Re: Problem displaying functions and views in 7.1b3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: teo(at)flex(dot)ro, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem displaying functions and views in 7.1b3
Date: 2001-02-08 04:39:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> How about the following though the result is different from
> datlastsysoid ?

> select max(oid) from pg_database where datname like 'template%';

Too lax --- suppose someone makes a database named 'template3' ?

Even if we restricted the pattern to 'template[01]', it would fail
if someone deleted and rebuilt template1, which is a supported operation
now.

If we want to do it in a backwards-compatible fashion in pgaccess,
I'd recommend trying the datlastsysoid approach and then the other
way if that fails. I'm just wondering if anyone cares ...