Re: massive quotes?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jon Jensen <jon(at)endpoint(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: massive quotes?
Date: 2003-09-12 14:10:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org> writes:
> ... then @autoconf me harder@ could be used as the start and ending
> token,

Hm, I should have read your message more carefully --- I missed the bit
at the middle where you propose nearly the same idea I had ;-). But the
flex patterns you wrote don't actually support this do they?

Doesn't quite seem to do what we're talking about here.

I don't see a need for three of these; that just eats up lexical token
space. Is there a reason for the $ variant not to be enough? In any
case, @ and % are valid (and popular) operator names in Postgres, so we
could not use them for this purpose without removing that meaning, which
would be painful.