Re: DELETE permission problems on table with long name after upgrade to 7.3.1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Lange <anlan(at)ida(dot)liu(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DELETE permission problems on table with long name after upgrade to 7.3.1
Date: 2003-01-24 05:48:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Andreas Lange <anlan(at)ida(dot)liu(dot)se> writes:
> After the upgrade the calls to the table didn't truncate the name any
> longer (as expected), and thus didn't find the table. So I renamed the
> table to it's full length name, and now the scripts did find the table
> again. But - deletes were no longer allowed! Selects are ok, and so are
> inserts and updates, but delete gives "permission denied".

I think this is probably pilot error --- are you sure you don't have a
table laying about with the truncated name?

The example you give does not work as-is (many references to tables not
included) and when I remove the undefined references, I see no failure.
So it doesn't persuade me that there's any bug.