Re: How to force Nested Loop plan?

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL Performance ML <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to force Nested Loop plan?
Date: 2003-08-30 21:28:22
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 15:42, Rob Nagler wrote:
[snip]
> We actually have been quite pleased with Postgres's performance
> without paying much attention to it before this. When we first set up
> Oracle, we got into all of its parameters pretty heavily. With
> Postgres, we just tried it and it worked. This is the first query
> where we ran out of ideas to try.

Dumb question: given your out-of-the-box satisfaction, could it be
that postgresql.conf hasn't been tweaked?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net
Jefferson, LA USA

484,246 sq mi are needed for 6 billion people to live, 4 persons
per lot, in lots that are 60'x150'.
That is ~ California, Texas and Missouri.
Alternatively, France, Spain and The United Kingdom.