Re: Fast Table Replication / Mirroring

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL General ML <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fast Table Replication / Mirroring
Date: 2003-08-30 00:03:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 22:49, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
> I saw some replication projects but think this might be an overkill for
> my intentions.
>
> I have two databases, Primary / Secondary where the Secondary is
> readyonly for
> users. I need to mirror tables when changes occur on that table. That
> may happen a few times a day.
> Tables are in the area of few 100k records.
>
> A) Is there an easy way to copy the data from Primary to Secondary
> Can this be triggered by updates on the primary table ?
>
> B) Is there a fast way to check if table A on Primary and Secondary
> server are in Sync?
> Not number of records but contents.

If changes only happens a couple of times a day, and the table only
have a few hundred thousand rows in them, why not dump the tables
every few hours and load them into the Secondary DB?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net
Jefferson, LA USA

"they love our milk and honey, but preach about another way of living"
Merle Haggard, "The Fighting Side Of Me"