Re: Windows port

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Bupp Phillips <hello(at)noname(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows port
Date: 2003-08-27 19:26:06
Lists: pgsql-ports

There are plans to support it natively from the postgresql.org folks,
however it will not be available until 7.5 at the earliest. There is an
unsupported version available from the sourceforge postgresql project
page if you are so inclined. In the mean time you can get one of the
commercial solutions from the companies previously mentioned. I know
some companies also support the cygwin version as well (command prompt
is one). If you are interested in hacking the source code, the latest
code will compile (though not run) under windows, you can check out the
code from cvs and coordinate programming effort with the guys on
-hackers.

Robert Treat