Re: Database Grants Bug

From: "Marcus England" <Marcus(dot)England(at)noaa(dot)gov>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Grants Bug
Date: 2003-08-18 15:49:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 09:29, Joe Conway wrote:
> Marcus England wrote:

> Again, I don't know what your definition of "most, if not all other
> DBMS's" is, but a quick read through my MSSQL2000 manual indicates SQL
> Server is no different from Postgres in this regard. Same for Oracle 9i.
> I'd say that covers the majority of DBMS installations. I don't have a
> DB2 manual handy to check.

I guess I meant the ability to grant permissions easily at the DB level.
It's trivial in SQL Server via Enterprise Manager - no SQL needed. I
assume DB2 and Oracle have similar facilities, not necessarily in SQL.
Perhaps pgadmin has this ability?

Thanks a lot for the help/clarification and the function,

Marcus