Dropping database in alternative space

From: Warren Little <wlittle(at)securitylending(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dropping database in alternative space
Date: 2003-08-07 14:35:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I created a database in an alternate location using the
initlocation procedure. I can access the database just
fine and do all the standard updates and deletes, but when
I try and drop the database I get the following error message

-bash-2.05b$ dropdb prodcopy
ERROR: Postmaster environment variable 'PGDATA2' not set
dropdb: database removal failed

The PGDATA2 variable is set in my environment.
The postmaster was started with -D $PGDATA, could this be
the problem?

--
Warren Little
Senior Vice President