Re: Some vacuum & tuning help

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)libertyrms(dot)info>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Some vacuum & tuning help
Date: 2003-08-06 04:21:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 12:49, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Well, the bar is lower for contrib stuff than for core, but you'd better
> > get such changes in PDQ, I'd say ...
>
> The contrib stuff is usually at the control of the author, so you can
> make changes relatively late. However, the later the changes, the less
> testing they get, but the decision is mostly yours, rather than core.

Well I don't have anything in the hopper right now, so there is little
chance anything would be ready before the release. My really question
was can I make large changes to a contrib module to a point release,
meaning, 7.4.0 will have what is in beta, but 7.4.1 would have a much
improved version. Does that sound possible? Or too radical for a point
release?