Re: ODBC query problem

From: Luis Magaña <joe666(at)gnovus(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
Cc: Postgresql General Mail List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC query problem
Date: 2003-07-16 17:36:34
Lists: pgsql-general

I've compiled postgresql in 32bit mode, although I'm using the
--enable-integer-datetimes flag when configuring.

I've already moved database to a diferent partition nad got the same
results, I wonder, if it is a hardware problem, why can I access both
tables individually with no problem at all ?.

any other Ideas ?

thanks.

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 12:16, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 12:04:25PM -0500, Luis Maga?a wrote:
> > Thanks,
> >
> > yes, it's running solaris 8 on a SPARC with SCSI disk.
>
> Hmm. 64 bit? There've been plenty of bugs in the 64 bit libraries,
> AFAICT. We've even discovered some of 'em ourselves, and I got so
> leery that we still use a 32-bit-compiled Postgres for production
> work. IIRC, there's a package floating about for gcc 3.2.x that
> compiles 64 bit binaries by default, so you may want to check this
> out.
>
> > Howver, I have a core file dumped whenever this happens. Let me find out
> > how to do the backtrace and I'll show it to you gladly.
>
> If you're using the 64 bit libraries, the bad news is that gdb is
> pretty flakey with them. So you have to use adb instead. It's not
> compeltely transparent in its operation, but the man page actually
> does tell you everything you need, sort of, if you read it all about
> 60 times. I have suppressed most of my knowledge of it, so I'm sorry
> not to be much help. Anyway, if you get no symbols, you probably
> need to re-compile the postmaster with debugging symbols in. If you
> use gcc, there's _supposed_ to be no cost to that.

Luis Magaña.
Gnovus Networks & Software.
www.gnovus.com