Suggestion for improvement: easier procedural language addition

From: Troels Arvin <troels(at)arvin(dot)dk>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Suggestion for improvement: easier procedural language addition
Date: 2003-07-15 11:06:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello,

When using PostgreSQL from the command line, it's easy to add pgpgsql
support to a database: "createlang ...". I don't know how to accomplish
the same thing in pgadmin III. I have found the place to do it, but I
find it cryptic to fill out the right parameters.

It would be great if pgadmin III offered a way to add a procedural
language which were as easy as using the "createlang" PostgreSQL
helper-program: Perhaps a drop-down with the most usual procedural
languaguages (plpgsql, perl and perhaps tcl or python).

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark