Re: weird problem

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: weird problem
Date: 2003-07-10 15:15:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 21:45, Gavin Sherry wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>
> > Just saw this on our demo server:
> >
> > root(at)phppgadmin:~/htdocs/webdb/conf# /usr/local/pgsql-7.3.3/bin/psql -p5473
> > phppgadmin
> > psql: FATAL: cannot open segment 1 of relation
> > pg_trigger_tgrelid_tgname_index (target block 8310112): No such file or
> > directory
>
> Seems like a hosed file system to me. You'll probably need to go to
> backups and should do some hardware tests.
>
> Which file system is this running on. There seem to be a large number of
> people on IRC will similar problems when running on ReiserFS.

It's running on slackware linux, ext3-fs, 2.4.18 kernel, gcc 2.95.3. We
run the db with fsync=on. The was some type of system crash yesterday
so filesystem corruption is a possibility. We have all the other 7.x
series of databases running on the server and none had any troubles.

from the command line i was able to do bin/vacumdb -p5473 template1 and
I can now get in ok. Is there any way to determine if there are other
possible issues? I'm thinking of reindexing pg_trigger, should I do
more? dump/initdb/reload seems like overkill

Robert Treat