Re: "template1 does not exist" while installing 8.0RC5 on RH9

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Rick Schumeyer" <rschumeyer(at)ieee(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "template1 does not exist" while installing 8.0RC5 on RH9
Date: 2005-01-17 21:11:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Rick Schumeyer" <rschumeyer(at)ieee(dot)org> writes:
> Everything looks good, even the "initdb" command, which reports
> everything as ok.

> But the "createdb test" command fails, with error
> 'database "template1" does not exist'

initdb executes half a dozen reconnections to template1 after the
initial bootstrap, so it's real hard to see how a broken pg_database
entry wouldn't have caused a failure during initdb. I'm wondering
if maybe your createdb command is connecting to a different postmaster
than you think it is. Check environment variables, path, etc.