Dissecting Tuples in C

From: Clay Luther <claycle(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dissecting Tuples in C
Date: 2003-06-26 20:45:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am trying to get up to speed writing C triggers and I have a question
about the relation between HeapTuples and other tuple-related types,
like TupleTableSlots, and the routines and macros used to manipulate
them. I am reading and re-reading the online docs, but still have some
broad questions.

For example, suppose I just wanted a trigger to iterate through the
HeapTuple pointed at by the tirgger data tg_trigtuple, printing out the
column names, types, and values (lets say, only ints and strings for
simplicity). How would I do this?

A pointer to a good document would be just as good as a detailed answer.

Thanks!

--
Clay
claycle(at)cisco(dot)com