server layout

From: Joern Muehlencord <joern(at)muehlencord(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: server layout
Date: 2003-06-24 21:18:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi out there,

I am wondering what is the right dimension for a server I have to layout
an mantain. So, here are the specifiactions I know as far as I can know
them already:
- approx. 15 Users - at end of month many of them at the same time
online
- ca 30-40 gb data overal (few but big tables)
- data input rarly (one user) - other just do queries and may be reports
- no other functionality than running postgresql

What I decieded to buy is: 1-2 Intel Xeon 3Ghz, 2 Gb Ram, SCSI 10k 72 gb
disk for data, linux based, backup on ide hot plug disks
I hope, it is the right list to ask this question; if not: sorry

Regards
Joern

--
Linux is like wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside.