Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions
Date: 2016-06-09 20:48:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Yes, let's fix it. This will also take care of the questions about
>> whether the GIN/GIST opclass tweaks I made a few months ago require
>> module version bumps.

> Tom, there's a patch for this at
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/574F091A.3050800@proxel.se which
> I think you should review, since you were the one who made the tweaks
> involved. Any chance you can do that RSN?

I've pushed this with some revisions to make the queries more
search-path-safe. I'm not too happy with the safety of the queries
I see already present from the previous patches. I think stuff
like this:

UPDATE pg_proc SET proparallel = 's'
WHERE oid = 'min(citext)'::regprocedure;

needs to be more like

UPDATE pg_catalog.pg_proc SET proparallel = 's'
WHERE oid = 'min(citext)'::pg_catalog.regprocedure;