Re: How to convert Oracle database to Postgresql.

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to convert Oracle database to Postgresql.
Date: 2003-06-18 14:11:34
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 07:49, Carlos Oliva wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
> Yes. I would not mind getting a copy of the code. I wrote a java
> program to copy the data via JDBC and it works but it is rather slow. I
> am not using triggers either but I a use lots of blobs (I converted them
> into bytea also)
> Regards

Wouldn't it be faster to do host-based conversions to tab-delimited
files that can be loaded into postgres via COPY?

| Ron Johnson, Jr. Home: ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net |
| Jefferson, LA USA http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| |
| "Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me |
| thy discordant images at such speed as to render linear |
| thought impossible" (Calvin, regarding TV) |