Re: [GENERAL] Binary files in CVS

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Binary files in CVS
Date: 2003-06-10 08:32:23
Lists: pgsql-docs

I have also found the following files to be binary:

contrib/spi/preprocessor/step1.e
doc/src/graphics/catalogs.cgm

The first one is OS specific, so I guess it will cause no problem if
it's not marked as binary, and it's not already corrupted. Note that the
binary flag is also useful to avoid CVS to do keyword substitutions
(like the $Id $ things). So if you get a binary file which contains by
some chance the string "$Id $", CVS will kindly substitute it for you
with the usual version/date stuff. This is why adding the binary flag is
recommended even if you don't want to go cross platform.

Cheers,
Csaba.