Re: Blocking access to the database??

From: Network Administrator <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
To: Carlos <Carlos(at)pbsinet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Blocking access to the database??
Date: 2003-05-29 17:03:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Quoting Carlos <Carlos(at)pbsinet(dot)com>:

> Hi Forum,
>
> Is there a way to block access to the database or terminate ongoing
> connections while I carry-out updates or backups?
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply

In the system catalog, the pg_database table has a flag (bool field) that
controls access to the database. I would think you could set that to false (as
the database admin user) do you work and then set it back to true.

I'm sure there is a better way of doing this though. So I'm curious what other
people have to suggest.

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications