exporting join results

From: Roy Cabaniss <rcaban(at)cabanisspc(dot)uamont(dot)edu>
To: pgsql pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: exporting join results
Date: 2003-05-29 15:54:37
Lists: pgsql-general

I have some tables that I am gathering data in. Some of the data
gathered goes into personal table and the survey results goes into the
survey table.

I can do a join with no problem to see my results with something like:

select * from personal,survey WHERE personal.pid=survey.pid;

I can do a dump of either table again with no problem.

What I want is to get a dump of the join as a comma separated text file
so that I can import it into my statistical software.

Any ideas on how to do it?

Thanks for the help.

--
Dr. Roy F. Cabaniss