Re: Free advertising opportunity for PostgreSQL

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Free advertising opportunity for PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-04-25 15:09:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 04:29, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> OK. Taking a shot at it.
>
> Answering http://www.egovos.org/book/os_prj.html, we need to get,(Assuming the
> questionairre is not alerady filled)
>
> 1) A contact person to fill the top of the form with the information. Anybody
> on behalf of postgresql Inc. would be great.

hmm...imo if we're going to pimp postgresql inc for this, let them fill
out the whole thing with whatever information they like. If we're
speaking for the group, I'd narrow down the short list to Bruce, Josh,
Marc, or myself.

> 2) Where do I find a concise, precise definition of "About Postgresql"? I
> would like to write a new one in light of what we have. I think we do not have
> a short and good enough desription of that. Correct me if I am wrong.

The current ones are available at:
http://advocacy.postgresql.org/about/
http://advocacy.postgresql.org/news/2002112801/

If you want to write up something else, please post it to the list and
we'll go from there.

> 3) Do we have government references? Does not look like from case study
> section. They would be great.

I believe we have more, but the only one I could come up with on short
notice was the Fred II site.
http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/

> 4) We need to make sure that we don't submit two entries for that.

yep

Robert Treat