Re: How can I get a column INT4 to be UNSIGNED ?

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How can I get a column INT4 to be UNSIGNED ?
Date: 2003-04-14 03:30:00
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 16:09, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> If he wants the full range of an INT4 unsigned, he needs to go to INT8 with the
> constraint you mentioned. The underlying col type of INT4 only supports HALF of
> the range of an INT4 unsigned, in the positive domain, that is.

When domains allow CHECK constraints, that would be simplified, wouldn't
it?

| Ron Johnson, Jr. mailto:ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net |
| Jefferson, LA USA http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| |
| "A C program is like a fast dance on a newly waxed dance floor |
| by people carrying razors." |
| Waldi Ravens |