The new FE/BE protocol

From: Bruce Badger <bruce_badger(at)badgerse(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: The new FE/BE protocol
Date: 2003-04-01 23:04:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I read that there is a significant new version of the FE/BE protocol on
the way in the next version of PostgreSQL.

I'm the author of the Smalltalk PostgreSQL driver, and I'd like to make
sure that support for the new protocol is available as soon as possible.

Where will the new protocol be documented (& will documentation precede
coding?)?

At what point should I start making dev-builds of PostgreSQL to test out
the new protocol? (A pointer to the docs on how to do that would be nice
too).

Many thanks,
Bruce