need help with connection pooling - reg.

From: Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy <shan(at)ceedees(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: need help with connection pooling - reg.
Date: 2003-02-28 02:17:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear Group,
We have a Redhat 7.3 server, with postgresql 7.2.3 running on it.
We develop application on Java with swing components. I would like to
know whether connection pooling can be done for these kind of
applications or is it only for web based applications.

If it is possible is there a way we can dynamically increase the size
of the pool as the demand increases and reduce it as it decreases.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Shan.