Re: truncate problem

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: frank_lupo <frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: truncate problem
Date: 2003-02-22 04:53:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 05:20, frank_lupo wrote:
> In 7.2.2 I created a function using the instruction TRUNCATE TABLE inside and it works well.
>
> When I try to call the same function in 7.3.2, I receive the following message:

It was never a good idea to use TRUNCATE inside a function -- you were
living dangerously using it inside one in 7.2. The only change in 7.3
TRUNCATE is no longer allowed.

Note that in current sources (and therefore in 7.4 when it's been
released), Rod Taylor has improved the TRUNCATE implementation to be
transaction-safe, so the restriction has been lifted.

Cheers,

Neil
--
Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC