Re: Just installed using Fink on OS X. Fails all over

From: Tony Grant <tony(at)tgds(dot)net>
To: Jeffrey Bohmer <bohmer(at)visionlink(dot)org>
Cc: Guyren G Howe <guyren(at)mac(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Just installed using Fink on OS X. Fails all over
Date: 2003-02-15 14:23:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 13:55, Jeffrey Bohmer wrote:
> FYI ... PostgreSQL 7.3.x will compile and run on OS X 10.2. A Fink install isn't necessary unless you want to use an older version of PostgreSQL (even then, there are other options than Fink).

> >Did an install on OS X 10.2, using Fink with default settings.

You can try one of the packages too. I have had the most success with
the one from www.entropy.ch. It installs in /usr/local/pgsql and creates
a postgres user which means porting over a dump from Linux is as easy as
psql -d dbname -f /User/me/Documents/dump.out

There are issues with locale and the database system being UTF-8 (my
older databases being LATIN1 or LATIN9). But now my development server
runs on Mac OS X. pgaccess works just fine too.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit,