Connection Error message in ECPG

From: Matthew Vanecek <mevanecek(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Postgresql Interfaces List <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Connection Error message in ECPG
Date: 2003-02-08 19:50:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,
What would it take to get a better error message out of the ECPG
interface, when a connection fails? It uses PQstatus(conn) to check the
status, but it doesn't use PQerrorMessage(conn) to get the error from
the backend and string it into sqlca.sqlerrm.sqlerrmc. Is there a way
to get that message from ECPG currently? If not, where do I file an
RFE, or submit a patch?

Thanks,
--
Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.