Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

From: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)cbbrowne(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Date: 2003-02-01 06:33:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 16:07, Christopher Browne wrote:

> I'm making the generous assumption that since /they/ claim that there is
> some distinction, that there perhaps is one.

I've used the cygwin environment enough to know that there isn't any.
If it's linked against the cygwin dll, the application runs in an
"emulated unix environment." To say it's emulated is really too strong
but to say it adds *tons* of overhead certainly won't make you a lair.
;)

--
Greg Copeland <greg(at)copelandconsulting(dot)net>
Copeland Computer Consulting