text searching in postgres

From: Bill <bhalpin(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>
To: postgres <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: text searching in postgres
Date: 2003-01-30 16:34:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello folx!

I was in the process of building a an app that would use lucene to query
a pg database when a colleague told me about a couple of projects that
allegedly add the functionality I was intending to implement directly to
pg, tsearch/OpenFTS and fti.

I'm hoping some of you might have used these modules and could offer
your opinions and experiences.

thanks

-bill