7.3.1 - python pgdb getdesc bug

From: "Adam DePrince, CSA" <adam(at)cognitcorp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.3.1 - python pgdb getdesc bug
Date: 2003-01-24 17:39:29
Lists: pgsql-patches

pgdb.getdesc tries select the typprtlen field from pg_types, but fails
because it isn't in 7.3.1. It is my understanding that this field would
contain -1 if there was no set limit on the length of the returned
string representing the data type. Instead if "guessing" and risking
that future changes would be out of sync, I removed the typprtlen field
from the query, modified the indices within the result set and replaced
any reference to the old typprtlen rs position with -1 so that getdesc
returns the same tuple format.

This patch is intended to be patched against the untarred postgresql
7.3.1 tarball ala cd postgresql-7.3.1;patch -p1 <
pgsql-7.3.1-pydb-getdesc.patch

- Adam

--
Adam DePrince
Chief Software Architect

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql-7.3.1-pydb-getdesc.patch text/x-patch 758 bytes