Re: What goes into the security doc?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What goes into the security doc?
Date: 2003-01-21 15:16:31
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

I'm not sure how adequately these topics are covered elsewhere, but you
should probably provide at least a pointer if not improved information:

* Should have a mention of the pgcrypto code in contrib.

* Brain hiccup, but isn't there some type of "password" datatype

* Explanation of problems/solutions of using md5 passwords inside
postgresql. this has tripped up a lot of people upgrading to 7.3

* possibly go into server resource issues and the pitfalls in giving
free form sql access to just anyone. (Think unconstrained join on all
tables in a database)

hth,

Robert Treat