Re: Cant group by non integer - ms access - odbc

From: Glenn <glenn(at)pip(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Ludwig Lim <lud_nowhere_man(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Cant group by non integer - ms access - odbc
Date: 2002-12-18 14:47:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Ludwig
Seems I've actually asked the wrong q...
My query was something like

"SELECT f1,f2,count(f3) as countOff3, sum(f4) as countoff4,f5,"-" as f6
FROM mytable
GROUP BY f1,f2,f5,"-""

Once I took out everything to do with f6, then it worked - however I
need f6, as this forms a select to be inserted into another table. So
now my question should be what is the postgres equivalent to this?
Thanks
Glenn