Cant group by non integer - ms access - odbc

From: Glenn <glenn(at)pip(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cant group by non integer - ms access - odbc
Date: 2002-12-18 12:24:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi
Not sure if this should go in pgsql-odbc or here, but todays my first
real day on postgres, so I'll start here.

I'm trying an aggregate query with groupby's on text fields. As per
various FAQ's I have text fields NOT mapped to LongVARCHAR in the odbc
dsn - but I get an error when I try an view the query --(cut from
log)--> " message='ERROR: Non-integer constant in GROUP BY' "

Any clues??
tia
--
Glenn <glenn(at)pip(dot)com(dot)au>