Re: DB Tuning Notes - Where To?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DB Tuning Notes - Where To?
Date: 2002-12-11 15:25:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 09:40, Philip Warner wrote:

> Just wondering where I should put my modified tuning notes. I was planning
> on making them section 3.7 in the Admin guide. Does that sound reasonable?
>
> The current version can be seen at:
>
> http://www.rhyme.com.au/manuals/pgsql-7.3/postmaster-tuning-software.html
>
> I think it's important we get something on tuning into the manual - I'm not
> particularly attached to where.

I had thought the information would be tied to the relevant sections of
3.4 Run-time Configuration. I'm not sure where the vacuum/analyze
information would go in this scenario though, so a general software
tuning section does seem appropriate. Do you see a 3.8 Tuning the Server
(Hardware) section as well?

Robert Treat