Re: Will there be tar files of separated interfaces?

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Will there be tar files of separated interfaces?
Date: 2002-11-02 06:43:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 03:31, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Oliver Elphick wrote:
> > I'm constructing the Debian packages for 7.3 and would like to find
> > upstream tar files of libpq++, pgperl and pgeasy, so that people
> > building from source can get the original upstream files (which some
> > like to do).
> >
> > There are currently no tar files at gborg.postgresql.org. Will there be
> > any?
>
> I think you need to download the individual CVS files for each
> interface. Some of them have not had an official release yet since
> moving to gborg.

Yes, that's what I have done.

They are suffering deprivation from being expelled from the main tree.
I have had to make changes to psqlodbc, perl5 and libpqpp, and to the
src/interfaces/Makefile, to make them compile at all. For libpqpp, I
had to arbitrarily define HAVE_NAMESPACE_STD and HAVE_CXX_STRING_HEADER,
which were previously defined by configure.

Is it the intention to bring these separate modules up to date before a
final release of 7.3?

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight, UK