Re: FATAL 2: PageIndexTupleDelete

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "cristi" <cristi(at)dmhi(dot)ct(dot)ro>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FATAL 2: PageIndexTupleDelete
Date: 2003-11-20 04:19:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

"cristi" <cristi(at)dmhi(dot)ct(dot)ro> writes:
> FATAL 2: PageIndexTupleDelete: corrupted page pointers: lower =3D 12289, up=
> per =3D
> 1, special =3D 60672

> Why do I have this error message and how can I fix it?

This is a data-corruption problem. Have you had any system crashes or
other odd behavior lately?

As far as recovering, you can probably fix the broken index with
REINDEX, if the corruption doesn't extend further than the index that's
being complained of. Otherwise you might have to resort to a dump and
reload.

You should also think about updating your Postgres installation. You
didn't say what version you're running (naughty naughty, that's required
info in any trouble report) but I can tell from the spelling of the
error message that it's not a current release.