PAM Authentication Bug

From: Josh Hogle <josh(dot)hogle(at)jthinc(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PAM Authentication Bug
Date: 2002-10-29 01:58:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I found that PAM authentication in 7.2.3 doesn't appear to work
properly. It appeared to me that the server wasn't waiting for
the PAM conversation to complete before it rejected the request,
so I did a little rewrite on the auth.c file to sort of force
things to prompt for a password and then shove it into PAM.

The one thing I see still is that it appears that you still have
to create user accounts in the database for things to work. This
is kind of disappointing as I'd like to not have to repeat creating
users in PAM if I've already got them defined, say in an LDAP
database somewhere, but at least I have PAM authentication working
with passwords.

Attached is the patch if the developers want to look at it, clean
it up, and stick it into the next version.

-jth

Attachment Content-Type Size
auth.patch text/plain 10.8 KB