Re: idle connection timeout ...

From: Mike Benoit <mikeb(at)netnation(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: idle connection timeout ...
Date: 2002-10-25 19:16:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 10:31, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Yes, my comments related to useing db/user limits to control the number
> of persistent connections. From an ISP perspective, I can see value in
> user/db limits.

Yes, this would be amazingly useful. I work for a web hosting provider
and it happens all too often where a single customer creates a flawed
script which consumes all the DB connections. Obviously denying access
to the rest of our customers.

Being able to set this per DB connection limit in Postgres itself
without having to restart the backend would also make this feature very
nice.

--
Best Regards,

Mike Benoit
NetNation Communication Inc.
Systems Engineer
Tel: 604-684-6892 or 888-983-6600

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are my own and not
necessarily those of my employer