Re: minor: ~ not resolved in psql

From: "Bas Scheffers" <bas(at)scheffers(dot)net>
To: <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: minor: ~ not resolved in psql
Date: 2003-10-30 18:18:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Peter Eisentraut said:
> This is not a bug. If there is not file named ~ then it can't be
> opened.
I am not trying to open a file named ~, I am using it as part of a file
name, ie: ~/ewap/sql/ewap.sql. (where ~=/home/bas) This is perfectly valid
on any unix system and especialy since tab completion of \i supports it,
so should the function that does the actual opening of the file, I would
think...

Bas.