Memory leaks

From: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
Subject: Memory leaks
Date: 2002-10-22 21:16:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've started playing a little with Postgres to determine if there were
memory leaks running around. After some very brief checking, I'm
starting[1] to think that the answer is yes. Has anyone already gone
through a significant effort to locate and eradicate memory leaks? Is
this done periodically? If so, what tools are others using? I'm
currently using dmalloc for my curiosity.

[1] Not sure yet as I'm really wanting to find culumative leaks rather
than one shot allocations which are simply never freed prior to process
termination.

Regards,

Greg Copeland