Re: Installing PostgreSQL

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: sol <sol(at)autonomon(dot)net>
Cc: "Donnahoo, George" <GDonnahoo(at)eotek(dot)com>, pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installing PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-08-21 09:27:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 09:08, sol wrote:
> I could be wrong, but I don't think that you need --with-tcl option to
> use pgaccess. The --with-tcl option is more for if you want to do
> development using TCL programming. Pgaccess should run no problem. I
> didn't do anything special on my machine to get them running together.

pgaccess does require libpgtcl.so and therefore you must use --with-tcl

> Donnahoo, George wrote:
>
> >I recently tried installing postgresql using a configuration that included
> >the parameter "--with-tcl". When I called make, it returned some sort of
> >error which I don't have handy at the moment. I reconfigured dropping the
> >"--with-tcl" and the make worked fine. I want the "--with-tcl" option so
> >that I can use the pgaccess. Is there something additional I need to
> >download in order to use "--with-tcl" in my configuration, or should it all
> >be included in the postgresql download?

You probably need to use --with-tclconfig and --with-tkconfig

configure \
--with-tcl \
--with-tclconfig=/usr/lib/tcl8.3 \
--with-tkconfig=/usr/lib/tk8.3 \

The pathnames on your system are probably different.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight, UK