Dropping a schema

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dropping a schema
Date: 2002-08-21 06:27:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I had a test schema containing one table.

olly=# drop schema testing;
NOTICE: table testing.testa depends on schema testing

ERROR: Cannot drop schema testing because other objects depend on it
Use DROP ... CASCADE to drop the dependent objects too

This seems a little over-restrictive to me. There is no dependency
outside the schema, so shouldn't that have worked? I should have
thought CASCADE would be implicit for objects inside the schema to be
dropped.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight, UK