Re: Most common IDE?

From: Rob Brown-Bayliss <rob(at)zoism(dot)org>
To: Hal Davison <hal(at)faams(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Most common IDE?
Date: 2002-08-05 22:07:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 04:24, Hal Davison wrote:
> When you stir the caldron of development, what do you find to be the most
> useful Integrated Development Env in your projects?

I play in a Gnome environment, I use Glade for the UI, and libglade with
python. Talk about easy...

self.wTree = glade.XML ("gearbox.glade")
self.siglist = {"on_about1_activate": self.about,
"on_reload_cog1": self.reload,
"on_app1_destroy_event": self.close_down
<<snip other widgets >>
}
self.wTree.signal_autoconnect (self.siglist)

And thats it, UI done and taking to my app... Now just waitng for my
mistakes :o)

For the actual editing i Use moleskine, it's just a text editor for
gnome, but opens each file in a tab, and uses the scintilla text widget,
so has text highliting, completion etc, and you can create your own
"langauge descriptions" for the higlighting...

Then I use a python DBI module for talking to PG, and pgaccess for
making and playing with the DB, mostly.

I often find Lego usefull. I get the bucket, dump it on the floor and
then fight with the kids for the blocks I want... Solves a lot of
problems that pop up :o)

--

*
* Rob Brown-Bayliss