Re: References for PostgreSQL

From: Tom Jenkins <tjenkins(at)devis(dot)com>
To: Christian Lübeck <c(dot)luebeck(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: References for PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-07-19 12:33:23
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 13:53, Christian Lübeck wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just one questions:
>
> Our Company is searching for a good SQL-Database, which will be using very
> extensivly in the future.
> PostgreSQL really looks good (low/no cost/ many features), but do big
> companys have this product also on their production servers? Any if yes,
> which companys?

*sigh*
Ok how about this... our current client list that runs postgresql in
production:

USAID (United States Agency for International Development)
DOL ODEP (Department of Labor, i forget what ODEP stands for)
DOS IAWG (Department of State, Inter-Agency Working Group)
DOL PTFEAD (Dept of Labor's DisabilityDirect.gov)
GSA (General Services Administration)

there are some more in the pipeline, but they're not in production

and yes, these organizations also use Oracle; they just run Oracle for
everything.

--

Tom Jenkins
Development InfoStructure