More fun with BETWEEN

From: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: More fun with BETWEEN
Date: 2002-07-09 04:20:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've nearly finished off the patch Christopher distributed. Creates the
between node, and passes all regression tests except horology. I need
to update outfuncs and readfuncs -- but hope to fix the below first.

Seems I have a funny case left (Note the last comparison should be
false):

regression=# select 3 between 2 and 4;
?column?
----------
(1 row)

regression=# select 5 between 2 and 4;
?column?
----------
(1 row)

regression=# select 1 between 2 and 4;
?column?
----------
(1 row)

regression=# select 3 between 2 and 4 and 5 between 2 and 4;
?column?
----------
(1 row)

regression=# select 3 between 2 and 4 and 3 between 2 and 4;
?column?
(1 row)

regression=# select 3 between 2 and 4 and 1 between 2 and 4;
?column?
(1 row)

The patch can be found at:
http://www.zort.ca/patches/postgresql_misc/between.patch