Re: DBVisualizer Null Pointer Exception

From: Robert Treat <rtreat(at)webmd(dot)net>
To: Holger Mitterwald <holger(dot)mitterwald(at)coi(dot)de>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DBVisualizer Null Pointer Exception
Date: 2002-06-27 14:48:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I wondered about that, but in this case all of my tables are lowercase.
Since I've had to clean up mixed case implementations before, I also
lowercase everything else as well (functions, views, etc...)

I decided to create a test database to see if I could further isolate
the problem. I used the following schema in that database:

create table people (name char(10), number char(15));
insert into people values ('jenny','8675309');

now I am able to select from the table with no problems, but when I try
to use the object browser, I now get this error:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: no such attribute or function 'oid'
at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:533)

On the one hand this seems to imply that DatabaseMetaData.getTables is
working ok, but I think that maybe there is a problem with
DatabaseMetaData.getColumns?

Robert Treat