passwords

From: acchung(at)mit(dot)edu
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: passwords
Date: 2002-06-24 15:23:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I'm running pgAdmin II on a Win2k Computer running
postgresql 7.2 along with cygwin. I'm trying to
get pgAdmin to authenticate password every time I connect
to the server. It seems that no matter what password
i type in, it accepts it, even blank ones. Could it be
because I'm trying to log in when I'm already on the server
computer? How can I get pgAdmin to authenticate passwords correctly?

Alex