Re: Compiler warninnoop

From: Kristis Makris <kristis(dot)makris(at)datasoft(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiler warninnoop
Date: 2002-05-24 17:36:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Slightly off-topic, but am I the only one getting those random "noop"s
in mail I receive from this list?

There's a "noop" put in the Subject line, and I've seen it in text
before, too. Does anybody know which type of mail-server would be
responsible for that? I've _never_ seen this while sending/receiving
mail strictly through qmail, but I'm guessing some other stmp server is
sending those out. Postfix? Sendmail?

Is anybody else having their inboxes polluted with them "noop"s?

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 19:08, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >
> > convert.c: In function `copy_statement_with_parameters':
> > convert.c:1752: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> >
> > and
> >
> > multibyte.c: In function `pg_mbschr':
> > multibyte.c:267: warning: return discards qualifiers from
> > pointer target type
>
> I know it and both are const -> (without const) cases.
> I can remove the warnings by adding cast but I don't
> think it's a proper way. I'd like to fix it before
> beta.
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue
> http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/