Accessing table attributes from within PlPgSQL

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL Novice ML <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Accessing table attributes from within PlPgSQL
Date: 2002-05-19 23:33:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

What is the method of accessing fields from within records?

Apparently, PlPgSQL doesn't these methods
raise notice x.bar;
raise notice :x.bar;
It must be something similar, right.

As always, TIA from this postgresql newbie.

test2=# select * from foo;
bar
-----
1
2
3
(3 rows)

test2=# create or replace function curstst1() RETURNS INTEGER AS '
test2'# declare x record;
test2'# begin
test2'# for x in select * from foo loop
test2'# raise notice x.bar;
test2'# end loop;
test2'# return 1;
test2'# end;
test2'# ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
CREATE
test2=# select curstst1();
NOTICE: plpgsql: ERROR during compile of curstst1 near line 4
ERROR: parse error at or near "x.bar"

| Ron Johnson, Jr. Home: ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net |
| Jefferson, LA USA http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..." |
| Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002, |
! CNN, Larry King Live |