Re: postgresql 7.1.3

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: David Fee <dfee(at)laurcat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql 7.1.3
Date: 2002-05-07 13:17:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 17:37, David Fee wrote:
> Owen,
> Do you know how to get postmaster to start with the " -i " flag? I want to
> use pgaccess and when I try to connect to the db, it gives an error message
> saving that the postmaster isn't running with the " -i " flag or accepting
> connections at port 5432. If I start postmaster with " -i " manually, it
> works fine, but I need it to start automatically

If you are running pgaccess on the same machine, you don't need to start
the postmaster with -i. Just make sure that the hostname field in
pgaccess' connection dialog is empty. pgaccess will then connect
through a Unix socket.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give
place unto wrath. For it is written, Vengeance is
mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine
enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink;
for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his
head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with
good." Romans 12:19-21